Wedding Season Has Arrived…
It’s that time of year again when most of us have been invited to at least one Wedding, if not several across the Summer. I have to say, my best friend get’s married next month and so it’s very much the topic of conversation at the moment.
Whether you are planning your big day, or an honoured guest, let me inspire you with a few of the Wedding items available to buy from Filigree Heart.
Planning the big day….
Well, to get yourself started why not get super organised and find yourself a gorgeous Wedding Planner Book ?
Perfect for keeping all of your ideas on venues, flowers, dresses, etc until you have chosen the best of everything. This pretty book is part of the East of India collection and comes with envelope pages to store all of your keepsakes. The book comes presented in a kraft card gift box so you can keep it safe forever. This also makes a great engagement gift.
Once you’ve got your planning underway and your guest list sorted, it’s time to start thinking about decorations, and the table decorations are often one of the first things to consider, once you’ve established a colour scheme.
A statement fresh flower centre piece is often what is chosen here, but there are some alternatives you might like to consider.
For a simple look, candleholders can look stunning and can be a very inexpensive way of decorating your tables. If you are having a Summer wedding, why not try a small lantern? These are a few of my favourites that work great for weddings. All of these are under £10 each. To view the full candleholder range click here
If you’re after something a little more extravagant, why not go for a floral arrangement that will last forever? Fresh flowers are gorgeous but it’s such a shame that you only enjoy them for just one day. With high quality artificial flowers, you can have a stunning table centrepiece that you can then give to your favourite guests to take home to remember your special day. Take a look at the choice of flowers here.
For a more modern look, why not try a ceramic vase rather than a more traditional clear glass vase. This Malawi ceramic vase looks amazing with the pink hydrangeas and would be a real statement piece for your wedding tables. With a choice of styles and sizes available at Filigree Heart, click here to view the full range
Don’t forget the finishing touches now, so make sure you’ve got your table confetti and your table numbers sorted.
Once the tables are decorated, why not look for some statement pieces to finish of the room with style. I’d recommend an oversized lantern for a Summer wedding, especially if you have outside space for the evening. These lanterns look great lit up for the evening do. You may need to stretch the budget a little more, but they are definitely worth it!
If You’re a Guests…
Your Bride and Groom have spent all this time making the day as amazing as possible, so you need to take some time to select a suitably gorgeous gift (even if they have said not to!) A small inexpensive gesture can be very well received.
Gifts Under £5
If you’re an evening guest or the Bride and Groom have asked for no gifts, it’s still nice to get a token gift to help make memories of the day. Small hanging decorations can be very cute and I have chosen a few that go down very well for small Wedding gifts.
1. Mr & Mrs Wooden Heart Decoration. At just £4.99 this is a great price, and can also be used as the Bride’s “Something Blue”
2. An old tradition is to give the Bride and Groom a lucky Horse Shoe to bring them good fortune in their married life. This cute Wooden Hanging Horseshoe with cutout detail makes a great little extra and again at just £4.99.
3. Porcelain Hearts from East of India are a very popular choice and again at £4.99, such an inexpensive option, but shows you have taken the time to select something special. Try the Love, Laughter, Happy Ever After Heart.
Gifts Under £20
For guests who are looking for something a little more special I’d suggest trying any of the following. All make gorgeous Wedding Gifts.
1. The Katie Loxton Happy Ever After Scented Candle looks and smells amazing. Boxed in a stylish white and gold gift box, it makes a perfect present for just £19.99.
2. Why not go for something a little fun and different with this cute East of India feather filled Mr & Mrs Cushion? Something the happy couple can keep out on display to celebrate their life together.
3. A pretty photo frame is always a good choice for a Wedding present as there will be plenty of stunning photos to frame once the day is over. This Bella Frame is so pretty and perfect for a gorgeous photo of the Bride and Groom.
For those of you looking to really make an impact with your gift, why not try something handmade, or even personalised for the Bride and Groom. If this is more what you are looking for, try one of these….
1. This handmade Paper Hearts Frame comes in two sizes, and priced at £34.99 and £79.99. How nice to know you have something that has been made by hand in the UK, making each piece a one off.
2. For a real personal approach I’d go for a bespoke Wedding print. A record of their special day forever. These are made to order and are just £49.99.
3. Finally why not have a memory made of the special day with a bespoke illustration of the Wedding venue. A really unique way to remember the special day. Prices start from £79.99.
Hopefully this has given you some inspiration, whether you are busy planning a wedding, or are about to attend one. There are so many things I’ve not talked about either, so to view the full Wedding collection click here
If any of you have any special requests, or are looking for any further help, don’t hesitate to get in touch via the contact us page, or why not pop into the shop.
To all of you having or attending Weddings this Summer…. have an amazing day! x